Invite for Hackathon
The Design & Verification Conference & Exhibition is the premier conference on the application of languages, tools, methodologies and standards for the design and verification of electronic systems and integrated circuits. The focus of this highly technical conference is on the practical aspects of these technologies and their use in leading-edge projects to encourage attendees to adopt similar techniques to improve their own design and verification flows. This year, DVCon India is expanding its focus to increase participation from universities and organizing a hackathon.
This invite for the hackathon, titled Accelerating AI on FPGA presents some unique opportunities for students:
1. To dabble in the basics of machine learning
2. To meet some subject matter experts from across academia and industry
3. To implement your very own ML engine on an industry standard FPGA platform
4. To win cash prizes and intern at leading-edge VLSI companies
The hackathon is to be conducted completely virtually in two stages:
– Problem statement whose solution will only be simulation-based.
– Teams will be given three weeks to submit proposals describing their solutions.
– The evaluation metrics will be published along with the problem statement.
– The submissions describing the proposed solutions will be judged to select the teams
who will move to stage2.
– The solution of this stage will involve implementation on an FPGA cloud.
– Teams will have 48 hours to get to the solution.
– Evaluation metrics will be published along with the problem statement.
This hackathon is open only for students who are currently enrolled in educational institutions.
Please do your registration via the EasyChair – Register Here by July 14, 2022.
This is a team-based hackathon with each team comprising of 3 members
The registration should include:
- Contact details of all the 3 team members: Name, email & University/College
name of all the authors.
- Title: Enter the name of your team in the title field
- Short Abstract: Why do you want to be part of this DVCon India 2022 Hackathon in approx. 100 words.
- Keywords: Enter DVCon India 2022 – Hackathon
- Phone: Enter the phone number of the primary team member
July 1, 2022: Registrations for Hackathon open – EasyChair – Register Here
July 14, 2022: Last Date for Registrations for Hackathon
July 15, 2022: Stage 1 commences
Aug 5, 2022: Stage1 results to be submitted in Easy Chair
Aug 5 – Aug 26, 2022: All teams to have access to mentoring sessions
Aug 26, 2022: Results of Stage1 to be announced, only Top teams go to Stage 2
Aug 30, 2022: Stage2 commences
Aug 31, 2022: Stage2 results to be submitted in Easy Chair
Sep 6, 2022: Results to be announced at Conference
- September 5, 2022 — Tutorials and Panels
- September 6, 2022 — Tutorials, Technical papers & Poster Session, Award Winners
DVCon India honors the Winner and Runner up team.
Cash prize of INR 60,000 for the winning team and INR 36,000 for the runners up!
The winners will be selected by the judges from DVCon India based on the metrics decided by the DVCon India 2022 Hackathon team.
Academia Collaboration Chair
Dr. Subrahmanyam Mula
Academia Collaboration Co-Chair
Dr. Vivek Chaturvedi
Academia Collaboration Co-Chair
Prof. Ravish Aradhya H. V
SriLanka Liaison Chair