Invite for Global Design Contest
The Design & Verification Conference & Exhibition is the premier conference on the application of languages, tools, methodologies and standards for the design and verification of electronic systems and integrated circuits. The focus of this highly technical conference is on the practical aspects of these technologies and their use in leading-edge projects to encourage attendees to adopt similar techniques to improve their own design and verification flows. This year, DVCon India is expanding its focus to increase participation from universities and organizing a design contest.
This invite for the design contest, titled RISC-V Processor Design & Verification Challenge presents some unique opportunities for academic students:
1. Achieve deeper understanding of RISC-V architecture and applications.
2. Explore the design and verification space for better performance.
3. Implement your very own processor core on industry standard FPGA!
4. Opportunities to interact with experts from industry and academia.
5. To win cash prizes and internship at leading-edge VLSI companies
The design contest is to be conducted virtually:
- Problem statement whose solution will be based on RTL Design, Functional verification, and implementation on an FPGA.
- Each team of 3 members should register and will be given three months with specific milestones for completion.
- The milestones/ evaluation metrics will be published along with the problem statement.
- There will be mentoring sessions at different milestones during the contest duration.
This design contest is open only for students who are currently enrolled in educational institutions.
Please do your registration via the EasyChair – Register Here by April 09, 2023.
This is a team-based Design Contest with each team comprising of 3 members.
The registration should include:
- Contact details of all the 3 team members: Name, email & University/College name of all the authors.
- Title: Enter the name of your team in the title field
- Keywords: Enter DVCon India 2023 – Design Contest
- Phone: Enter the phone number of the primary team member
- Team’s Current Education Details: Enter the details of all 3 participants.
- Motivation: Why do you want to be part of this DVCon India 2023 Design Contest in approx. 100 words.
- Prior Experience: Have Prior Experience with RISC-V designs?
- Don’t upload any paper/abstract for registration.
March 15, 2023: Registrations for Design Contest open – EasyChair – Register Here
April 09, 2023: Last Date for Registrations for Design Contest
April 20, 2023: Problem Statement announcement
April 21 – July 14, 2023: Mentoring sessions – based on Contest Milestones
July 15, 2023: Results to be submitted in Easy Chair
Sept 13, 2023: Results to be announced at Conference
- INR 60,000 for the Winning team,
- INR 42,000 for First Runner up
- INR 30K for the Second Runner up!
The winners will be selected by the judges from DVCon India based on the metrics decided by the DVCon India 2023 Design Contest team.
- September 13, 2023 — Tutorials and Panels
- September 14, 2023 — Tutorials, Technical papers & Poster Session, Award Winners
Register Here for Design Contest:
Design Contest Chair
Academia Collaboration Chair
Dr. Subrahmanyam Mula
Academia Collaboration Co-Chair
Dr. Vivek Chaturvedi
SriLanka Liaison Chair